Monday, July 20, 2009

July 8 - Coastal driving



I enjoyed my own bed last night. I think my hips are bruised after our night in the tent! Rob and Mike went off to attend a ranger led walk in the forest while Ant and I packed up. They were the only two to attend, so the ranger strolled back to the camper after they had finished their lesson. She continued to teach us about bugs and plants for the next hour. The boys had many questions she could not answer and she has promised to call Mike once she has looked up the answers. We only left the campground at 12:30 but I was not too worried because our next campground had been reserved.

Rob popped into the National Park visitor center to get his ranger badge and then we headed north back to Oregon. I am really falling in love with Oregon! We will be driving the 101 for the next week. I love it when it hugs the coastline because we get such a lovely view. Every time Rob spots some good beach rocks we have to pull over so that Mike and him can go climbing. By 4pm we were enjoying some castle building on a wonderful beach. We met a chap staying at a private campground nearby. He told us about the German cuisine that was being served that night so we just had to stay for dinner. We only got to Bandon at 8pm, but we had full tummies and were quite content. After setting up the camper Rob and I rode to the beach and watched a wonderful sunset. Our site has electricity – no battery problems here!

No comments: