Monday, July 28, 2008

July 27 - Catskills from a distance

When I emerged from the camper this morning all the tenters were wringing out their belongings. The storm that passed over us in the wee hours dumped a lot of water. After only getting to bed at 1am I struggled to rouse the boys for breakfast. We only got on the road at noon. I was sad to leave the area because I knew we had missed so much of what there is to see. I particularly missed seeing the Norman Rockwell museum.
To get through to Ithica, NY we skirted the northern edge of the Catskills. I think it may have been fun to expore there for a few days. Oh well, we are running out of time and still have a few more places on our agenda. We are staying on one of the Finger Lakes and although the campground is quite crowded and noisy I am looking forward to doing some walking and wine tasting with Rich. He arrives tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MIKE, ANTHONY, AND ROB..... HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY... I HAVE JUST GOT BACK FROM CONGO SO TRYING TO CATCH UP ON YOUR BLOG AND VERY GREEN WITH PIC WITH YOU AND BJ'S MMMMM
WILL TRY AND CALL THIS EVENING
LOTS OF LOVE NUTTY NIKKI

Anonymous said...

Dear boys

Happy Birth.

I can't wait to see you again.And
I hope you have a nice trip.

Lots of love Ashley