Thursday, June 12, 2008

June 12 - Greenbrier Trail


This morning we lazed about in the campground. I finally finished fixing the burley. My finger tips are sore from all the stiching.

We found yet another rail-to-trail route. The trail is approx 80 miles long from Cass (near Green Bank) south to White Sulphur Springs. The trail runs along the Greenbrier River valley. We chose to do a 5 mile portion of the trail so that we could cycle through a 500ft long tunnel and cross the river on the old railway bridge. We took chairs, books and snacks with us so that we could relax next to the river at our turn around point. The boys swam while I read. The insects make it difficult to concentrate on anything for very long. I had to laugh on our return to the car - Ant and Mike were cycling along and talking so much that Ant rode over a snake without even noticing. Rob also rode over the tail of the snake and did not notice until I said something. I thought it was only me who left behind road kill! We also saw a tortoise crossing the path. Nobody hit it.

I hope we can finish our books tonight so that we can return them to the library tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

Susan said...

It feels like I'm traveling right along with you - so glad you're sharing this travelogue!
Susan