Thursday, January 7, 2010

August 3 - Unhappy campground host


It was great to wake up to the faint sound of the trains in the distance - not passing through our campground. Ant and I went for a walk and returned to the cool air in the camper. We read most the morning then hit Hwy200 around the northern end of the lake. We then took Hwy2 north through the Cabinet Mountains. Trees and lakes where everywhere. The temperature is still above 90F and the sky is slightly less hazy. Now back on Mtn time. McGregor Lake was our home for the night but we drove the wrong way around the campground loop to access the camp site - the host was very unhappy with us. I waded into the lake to cool off, and the boys plunged right on in. We finally finished off the ice cream cake and spent the evening reading. The air cooled off quickly after sunset so I was happy to cuddle under my quilt. I am looking forward to getting to Glacier so that we can spend the next few nights in one place.

No comments: