Thursday, January 7, 2010

August 2 - Goodbye Rich, Hello cooler weather


After placing covers over the sprinkler heads at midnight I was sure the car would stay spot free. Upon waking up I discovered that I had missed one and it took me 1/2 an hour to re-clean the car. What is in this water??? We nearly melted while packing up and had to swim before hitting the road. We hightailed it to Spokane airport - past wheat fields everywhere. After saying goodbye to Rich we headed north east. This region is a real RV dealer mecca! Once we passed Ceur de Arlene we turned north. The sky became really hazy and the heat came down to 90F. We crossed a long bridge into Sandport. Trains seemed to be everywhere. After deciding that the Best Western campground on the lake was just too noisy, we found a campspot (the last one)at Springypoint. It was hell to manouver the camper into the site - I tried nudging a tree, but it did not move! I did not bother to unhitch, just set the brakes. We were right next to the lake and were once again swimming. We read and did puzzles in a very relaxed but hot camper. The air outside cooled wonderfully so Mike and I went for a long walk. Cleaning up after dinner was a joy because they had wonderful sinks with hot water, outside the bathrooms. We had more icecream cake - this birthday is carrying on for days! It was a joy to shower and shampoo my hair. Our last shower was many days ago. I really miss Rich.

No comments: