Monday, September 22, 2008

September - Day to day



The boys run a pet walking and care business. We currently have three dogs on the roster along with Rocky. Walk times are quite a handful! (pic)

The elk mating season is here again and last week we were marveling at the amount of elk bugling we could hear in our neighborhood. We have been watching beautiful 6 point elk strolling through our yard surrounded by their "harem" of ladies. Nature can be so majestic. Over the weekend we were shocked to discover that most of the bugling was recordings and hunters were in the neighborhood. They brought down one of our males Saturday morning but after the outcry against them I do not think they will be back again. The bow hunting season ends next weekend. I can hear another male out there at the moment - life goes on.
We had a great bike ride through the lower trails of Elk Meadow on Sunday. Mike took a major tumble but showed great courage and hopped straight back onto his bike.

1 comment:

Steffers said...

How enterprising of the boys to be running the business - well done to them all.

Thanks for updating the blog, and thanks for the email but my reply to you was returned, so I will reply to the blogs instead!!

We had a great time in Scotland - I was going to email you some pics but I will have to think of another way! Maybe I can borrow one of the boys to set a blog up for me. Or maybe I'll try to suss out these social networking sites - people are always inviting me to join them and I have no idea how to use them!

Well I'll be off now but I will be around from 6-7pm on Thursday and from 6pm onwards on Friday if you're free to skype.

TC

S x