Tuesday, August 5, 2008

August 4 - Colorado and an end to an epic journey

Crossing the state line into Colorado was accompanied with cheers of joy from the kids. It has been a long, but enjoyable trip for me. I know the boys enjoyed it but they could not wait to get home, call friends and have some play dates. We have been together 24/7 since June 2nd. We had a few battles but everyone got on so well considering we were living in such cramped conditions. I am proud of them for always been ready to explore and deal with so many different situations.

Seeing the Rockies in the distance really ended the trip. We were home. We had travelled 8150 miles, seen so many wonderful places and met many people. Time goes by so quickly but our memories will always be with us.

Highlights for me:
1. The beauty of West Virginia and the Adirondacks - actually the whole of the east coast is wonderful. It is compact and has so much to offer
2. Camping in State Parks
3. Swimming lake at campground near Appomattox
4. Visits from Mom and Rich
5. Ocracoke Island
6. Harper's Ferry
7. Cape Cod tidal flats
8. Mass transit in big cities
9. Seeing John Williams and Stephen Spielberg live
10. Visiting friends in Annapolis and Toronto
This list could go on and on!

Disappointments:
1. Assateague Island - too many insects
2. Washington DC. - too many people

I hope you enjoyed following our travels - I hope I inspired you to take a break and do some exploring yourself. I am already enjoying looking back on this journal and I am so glad I persevered with the blog.

1 comment:

Steffers said...

A truly wonderful experience for you all - well done and thanks for the journal; it has been fasinating.