Saturday, May 10, 2008

Camper update and jobs to be done




Our pop-up-camper has been sold. We decided that a hard sided camper would be easier and safer for such a long trip. We will pick up our next camper in Ohio when we pass through at the beginning of our trip.


I have been doing a lot of background reading to research all the places we need to visit. I almost feel like I have already done the trip because I have learnt so much about the east coast.


I am still trying to finalise the last two weeks of the trip. I am investigating New Hampshire, Vermont and New York State. I was able to book tickets to the Boston Pops, at their summer performance venue in the Berkshires - will be great as long as it does not rain.


Youngest in tribe has taken on the task of chef. We have acquired a cook book of one dish meals and he is going to choose each meal, shop for ingredients, and prepare in the evenings. We have started practicing some of the recipes already.


I hope someone will take on the job of navigator and schedule keeper. We will also need a photographer. Everyone will take turns being scribe.

2 comments:

Susan said...

This is great - I'll be following
along with great interest. I'll
also put a link to your blog on my site!

Steffers said...

Oh Tyrrell Tribe, it all sounds so exciting. Have a wonderful trip; I look forward to the updates en route.

Have a fantastic birthday Jan.